Mechanical Engineer - HVAC Design
Rochester, NY Posted: 9/19/2023
For nearly three decades, our customer has been manufacturing the highest quality HVAC systems becoming an industry leader in the Mobile Medical, Television Broadcast, Aviation, Law Enforcement, Marine, Oil, Gas Hazardous Locations, Explosion-Proof, Chemical, Military, Homeland Security and many other custom applications.
- Come join the team of an awesome, fast growing, HVAC company! We offer competitive pay and benefits and pride ourselves on our fun, inclusive, family-oriented culture!
- For nearly three decades, our customer has been manufacturing the highest quality HVAC systems becoming an industry leader in the Mobile Medical, Television Broadcast, Aviation, Law Enforcement, Marine, Oil, Gas Hazardous Locations, Explosion-Proof, Chemical, Military, Homeland Security and many other custom applications.
- With thousands of systems in operation today worldwide, we have the lowest downtime of any cooling system on the market today. We have easily become a preferred vendor, and trusted for our quality and reliability!
- Because of our continued growth, our Engineering department is in need of a Mechanical Engineer!
- The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical aspects of design, development and manufacturing of specialized HVAC units by performing the following outlined responsibilities.
- The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical aspects of design, development and manufacturing of specialized HVAC units by performing the following outlined responsibilities
- Assists Sales with developing cost estimates for RFQ's
- Performs new project design and development; updates previous designs in compliance with company quality process
- Ensures project documents are complete and current
- Provides the Production Department with detailed designs and drawings
- Prepares layout drawings for the manufacture and assembly of products
- Periodically reviews current design to obtain cost savings
- Provides technical support as needed
- Maintains contact with suppliers and evaluates their proposals
- Stays current on new components, design and manufacturing methods and other industry trends by attending vendor trade shows, vendor training, and reading trade journals
- Prepares orthographic and isometric drawings for catalog illustrations and other marketing literature
- Provides technical support and documentation during the development of unit owner's and operator's manuals
- Solid Modeling and design of sheet metal parts, pipes, and components
- Researching Electrical and Mechanical components for new applications
- Assembling submittal packages for customers
- Logging and tracking progress of projects and updates
- Other duties may be assigned
- Knowledge of 3-D and 2-D CAD design
- Project management
- Word processing, spreadsheets, psychometrics, HVAC design, quality software and internet software
- Mathematical concepts including probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off AND Vacation
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Already have an account? Log in here