Rochester, NY Posted: 12/4/2023
This is a position for a Purchasing Agent that is in the self-perform mechanical and plumbing trades on complex industrial, institutional and health care projects. Purchasing on similar type projects is required.
Candidates must have the following credentials to be preferred:
- The Purchasing Agent position will include procurement and pricing of materials for construction related commodities.
- Develop a complete understanding of each project's contract documents by independent review of plans and specifications issued with each solicitation.
- Solicit price proposals from specified manufacturers or manufacturers that comply with the technical description within the contract documents.
- Read and fully understand all technical and commercial terms of each proposal.
- Compare cost among bidders and input pricing into the estimate based on cost and compliance with the contract documents.
- Maintain pricing database by downloading price updates.
- Develop cost breakdown report from estimate, verifies with Estimating Manager that the total cost balances with the dollar value carried on the final recap summary of the bid.
- Procure materials based on original estimate, securing the best pricing after hardline negotiations to obtain final cost. All costs are compared to the original estimate to ensure pricing is at or lower that original bid.
- Award contracts to most comprehensive bidder and issue purchase orders in compliance with the project documents and specifications with all agreed upon terms.
- Track purchase order return from vendor.
- Coordination with project personnel at remote construction sites.
- Monitor project re-takeoffs to compare actual quantities released against original estimate and notify Purchasing Manager of any discrepancy.
- Procurement of hand tools and rental equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word is required.
- Candidates must demonstrate a past work history and their desire for a career in construction.
- Experience in project controls such as submittals, purchase orders, material take offs and releases are required skills.
- This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an industry leading team and must maintain a willingness to relocate for project needs to take advantage of ample opportunities for advancement in our growing market.
- Associates Degree or higher; or 2-5 years minimum experience in construction, specifically with mechanical equipment and materials
- Maintain the ethics and professionalism of The Bell Company in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Dedicated, self-motivated with good verbal and people skills.
- Demonstrate a stable work history.
- Able to prioritize and work independently.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Willing to work all hours and schedules assigned.
Already have an account? Log in here